Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Week Long


I bought this lens on impulse, it's the most expensive thing I could imagine buying impulsively. Unfortunately I found it to not be the most sharp lens I have, hence not being able to justify the expense. I was more happy with the picture of it than the pictures I was getting of it. So, this was it. Now I need to find money to buy a new camera.
I went out shooting with Jennifer today, hopefully there will be some pictures of her coming up in the next few days. I know how much you people like pictures of, well, people!
-david
ps. bad people make good people do bad things.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh impulsive shopping, it will be the death of some of us... at least you got a job offer out of it.

1:29 AM  
Blogger EssPea Photography said...

So are you selling it, or keeping it? Its too bad the pictures from it aren't as sharp as you would like.

If you are selling it I have heard good things about the 17-40 f/4.0 L. You lose a stop of light since it isn't f/2.8 but its about half the price that you paid for your new one and its quality is amazing.

Keep in mind that I am a Nikon guy, so I don't really know my canon lenses, but everyone that I have heard about using it says the love it as the perfect walk around lens.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Matthew Fox said...

That canon 17-40 is one of their sharpest lenses you should check it out !!

10:39 AM  
Blogger david said...

I do love the extra stop that the 2.8's will give me. The lens will be my most used lens, so I think I'm gonna invest the extra money in a new Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L! The 17-40mm f/4L was my other choice, but 2.8 is much nicer and the extra stop is quite useful.

But first I need a body to shoot with ;)

-david

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home