Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Song I Swore Never To Sing

Wowie, this has taken a long time to get these photos up! I took these almost last month, well May 18th. I already posted the Sydney shots from the same night, they can still be seen in my archives.

Moral of the story - I'm slow sometimes, but I have been keeping busy with the photography, between shoots and eBaying.

I finally have a camera on its way to me. It was shipped today. It's a Canon 1D, and I'm very excited to be able to shoot with this camera. I can take more photos like these ones soon!


Back to the .moneen. show - it was a solid set. What more can I say? They played all the best songs, a bunch of new ones, got more into a live show than I've seen a band do in a while, rocked the fuck out, and let me shoot them while doing it. The live energy of the band pumped the audience all the way up, and an encore was played. Surrounded by a mass of photographers, including Kevin and Ryan and myself, they played a well documented evening. Solid set, great guys, good times. Thanks.


Now let's be honest - I haven't seen .moneen. in a few years, not since a show they played with boysnightout at the Trash in Guelph, I didn't enjoy them at that point in time, but in the last couple of years I've been blown away by their music, and was thrilled when The Red Tree came out. I've listened to it over and over again since, I was expecting good, and so I was pleasantly confirmed with a sound I love, infact I'm even going to throw it in right now, and get my head bobbing. I must set the mood for this post. Buy it. Listen to it. Love it. And most importantly make sure you watch out for them rocking on a stage near you. Dece.





Well now after my little .moneen. rant, you can all go back to your interwebing for the time being until tomorrow!

Cheers, leave a comment. And wish me luck on the speedy and safe arrival of my new camera

Love, David

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Nice set dave. Nice set .moneen.

A sneak peek behind the scenes.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Fabulous pics Dave...

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Playing Blackjack said...

What good luck!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home